Maricourt Church and pond
Aerial view of the area of 30th Division assault taken during an earlier gas bombardment of during positions.
Field adjoining Cambridge Copse. The 17th Manchesters spent the night of 30th June 1916 waiting in assembly trenches here before the assault.
Looking south towards Cambridge Copse from the position of the original British Front line.
Looking north towards Montauban from the position of the original British front line.
View looking south from position of German front line towards 17th Manchester assembly trenches. The open nature of the land rendered it open to enfilade fire from the west.
View of British advance from Glatz Redoubt
View of Montauban from Glatz Redoubt, overlooking Railway Valley.
View from Railway Valley towards the German strong point ‘The Warren’
7th Seaforths Sunken Lane 1916
Sunken Lane 2006
Aerila vView Montauban = Courtesy Jeremy Banning
Town Major’s dugout Montauban 1916
AWM Collection – Montauban Church Bell 1918
AWM Ruins of Montauban Church Dec.1916
Montauban July 1916 © IWM Q4003
AWM Collection – Montauban Grand Rue before the war
Looking up hill to Montauban from Triangle Point / Montauban Alley
View from Triangle Point 2013.
Sgt. Mark Jackson MEN 17/7/1916. © THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Capt.S Kenworthy. OC D Coy.
Norman Vaudrey Courtesy MRF
Capt. N.Vaudrey. OC B Coy.
Capt. R. Ford. OC A Coy.
Sgt. James Turner MEN 17.7.1916 © THE BRITISH LIBRARY BOARD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Montauban Church 2013
Montauban Church 1914
The ruins of the village of Montauban. (Copied from a French postcard.)
A scene of village life at Montauban, showing locals in the main square beside the church, as it existed before the First World War. (Copied from a French postcard.)
German postcard thought to be Montauban Church in Winter 1915/16
Bonjour Monsieur Le Mayor.
German group in the sunken lane approaching Montauban. Remembering all the losses at Montauban.
Peronne Road Cemetery. IWM Q78626. Hill 122 War Cemetery at Maricourt. 8-November-1917.
Maricourt Barn close to site of original chateau